The society shall attempt to achieve this purpose by:-
1. Publishing the Indian Journal of “Range Management” presently revised as “Range Management and Agroforestry”, proceedings and such other publications as may be found desirable.
2. Organizing meetings, excursions, symposia and seminars on national level.
3. Organizing training courses in Rangelands.
4. Securing and managing funds and endowments for the promotion of Rangelands in the country.
5. All other acts that may be necessary for the fulfillment of the objects of the Society.