Image Gallery: III International Rangeland Congress
About Range Management Society of India
The Society was founded and formally inaugurated on 13th December, 1978 at Jhansi during the Seminar on “Management of Forests and Pastures” with the objective to foster the cause of Rangelands in the country.
The objective of the society shall be to promote the cause of Rangelands in India through national committees and commissions which may be set up for the purpose from time to time.
The society shall attempt to achieve this purpose by:-
1. Publishing the Indian Journal of “Range Management” presently revised as “Range Management and Agroforestry”, proceedings and such other publications as may be found desirable.
2. Organizing meetings, excursions, symposia and seminars on national level.
3. Organizing training courses in Rangelands.
4. Securing and managing funds and endowments for the promotion of Rangelands in the country.
5. All other acts that may be necessary for the fulfillment of the objects of the Society.